Grant practices transactions and advisory services in a broad range of industries and structures including securities matters, business and transactional work with an emphasis on merger & acquisition transactions, corporate finance, initial public offerings, licencing and corporate governance and board advisory work. His experience encompasses a number of international projects and transactions, particularly involving cross-border transactions with the United States, Canada, Asia and Europe.
He was recently retained as special advisor to the board in connection with a $374 million takeover of a public company. He has acted on behalf of an American purchaser in connection with its $30 million investment in a Canadian shipping industry company, as well as for a Canadian public company in connection with its acquisition of a sugar refinery for a total purchase price of $250 million.
Grant also acts for a number of coal companies and other commodity producers in connection with transportation matters and has a long standing knowledge of the gaming industry in British Columbia.
He has been a guest lecturer on taxation matters for the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and the Faculties of Law at the University of British Columbia and the University of Victoria speaking on corporate taxation and merger & acquisition transactions. Grant has also been a lecturer for the Professional Legal Training Program of the Law Society of British Columbia.
- In 2011, acted as lead counsel for sellers of Britco Structures Inc. in a $93 million transaction.
- In 2010, acted as special advisor to the board of Seacliff Construction Corp. in connection with the $374 million takeover of Seacliff by Churchill Corporation.
- Act as general counsel to a group of coal companies and commodity producers in connection with certain of their transportation initiatives.
- Acted for a technology company in a sale to a US based venture capital firm.
- Acted for a transportation company with operations in many jurisdictions including Hong Kong and China in connection with its sale to a US based multinational.
- Acted in a number of private equity offerings and debt financings and provided a broad range of general corporate advice in connection with a public company bringing a coal mine into production.
- Acted in the sale of a private company in the scrap metal business.
- Acted for the owners of a Casino in Vancouver in connection with the sale of the Casino operations to US purchasers.
- Provided general strategic advice in connection with a public coal company seeking protection under the Companies Creditors Arrangement Act and under that protection completing the sale of the enterprise to a UK based purchaser for an amount in excess of $50,000,000.
- Acted for 50% of the shareholders and the company in the sale to CHUM of an FM radio station in Vancouver for $45 million.
- Represented US and internationally based venture capital funds in their investment in an early stage pharmaceutical company in connection with a $57,000,000 private equity financing. This was at the time one of the largest Series A financings reported in North America.
- Acted for a company in advising it in connection with two hostile takeover bids resulting in the company being taken over for approximately $425,000,000.
- Represented a number of technology companies and investors in financing transactions including advising a group of venture capital funds in a substantial investment in a technology company.
- Represented the owner of a casino in British Columbia in matters related to financing and government relations.
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized leading lawyer in the areas of Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Securities Law
- LexisNexis - Martindale-Hubbell: AV Peer Review Rated